Skip to main content

Background medical to date......




I have
endometriosis. I generally try to hide how I am feeling to most of the people in my life because they do not understand Endometriosis. I was diagnosed in 2007 by a Laparoscopy, had endo removed from my left ovary. Also found out during this surgery that my left fallopian tube is blocked. I have recently had pain come back with a vengeance this year and was scheduled to have my second surgery on August 18, 2008 (last week) to have my left fallopian tube removed which I was quite frightened about.

My surgery was on Monday, 8.18. I was in so much pain afterward that they admitted me. Istayed in the hospital until 5-6pm on Tuesday. The good news is my surgery went well. They found I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which explains the problems I have been having with my periods. My ovary was connected to my bowel which was one of the reasons for my pain. She surgically implanted something to avoid future adhesion to my bowel. I had this happen last summer where my bowel was attached to my ovary but they did not implant something to avoid it happening again. They removed more endometriosis in this surgery as well. We have all the photos and the main thing I understand is that my ovaries are smooth and they are generally more rough which is consistent with PCOS. The plan is to start Clomid when we go for post-op appointment on 9/4.

I've found a support group online for women who suffer from Endometriosis.

It's such a hidden disease. I find it so hard to explain to people because there isn't anything for anyone to
See.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is February 9th, 2011. & this is where I am.

I'm much better. well, most days. It's been 5 months and about 10 days. I do not keep track. I try to forget the entire debacle. I miss her. I wonder about her. Today, I re-gained some of the power I had thought I lost in my heart. She told me she loved me & knows the whole story. I said nothing. I can't. But the knowing, just the knowing.. wow.

The Light..

"and you say, it'll be alright.. i'm gonna trust you, i'm gonna look in your eyes. I'd follow you into the light." this song makes me cry which naturally makes it my song of the day.. I feel pretty closed off, closed down right now.. It's a rainy day in Michigan and from someone at home, who left their job 5 weeks ago for reasons I can't write about just yet, I think I will read.. I've got a pile right now. I'm reading "Heart of the Matter" by Emily Giffin who is very good.